- Butt, M., Jabeen, F. Word order and question type: A corpus analysis of Bollywood scripts.
40. Jahrestagung der DGFS. 07-09 Mar. 2018. Stuttgart, Germany.
- Jabeen, F. Clash of boundaries: Realization of focus vs. intonational phrase boundary tones in Urdu/Hindi.
International Congress of Linguists. 02-06 Jul. 2018. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Butt, M., Jabeen, F., & Bögel, T. Verb cluster internal wh-phrases in Urdu: Prosody, syntax and semantics/pragmatics.
Linguistic Analysis 40 (3-4). 445-487.
- Jabeen, F., Zahid, S., & Sattar, A. Inclusion of target language culture in EFL classrooms
in Pakistan: Learners' perspective. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences 3(18). 97-106.
- Jabeen, F. & Mahmood, R. Post-OBL discourse in Pakistani media: An analysis of news
reports by Dawn & The News. Journal of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Research 1(1). 53-59.
- Jabeen, F., Mahmood, A. M., & Asghar, M. Vowel epenthesis in Pakistani English.
Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 3(10).
- Jabeen, F. & Shah, K. The role of culture in ELT: Learners' attitude towards the
teaching of target language culture. European Journal of Social Sciences 23(4).
- Mahmood, A. M. & Jabeen, F. United doubts; grammar teaching in Pakistan: Teachers
& learners' perspective. English for Specific Purposes World (32) 10.
- Jabeen, F., Mahmood, A. M. & Rasheed, S. An attitudinal study of Pakistani English.
Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 3(5).
- Jabeen, F., Rai, A. M. & Arif, S. A corpus based study of discourse markers in
British and Pakistani speech. International Journal of Language Studies 5(4).
- Mahmood, A. M., Asghar, M. & Jabeen, F. Acoustic analysis of /θ/ and /δ/ sounds in
Pakistani English. International Education Studies 4(4). 131-136.
- Jabeen, F. & Mahmood, A. The linguistic needs and preferences of undergraduate
students of Zoology: A case study of Government College University. English for Specific
Purposes World 33(11).
- Jabeen, F., Bögel, T. & Butt, M. Variable prosodic realization of verb focus in Urdu.
Speech Prosody 2016. Boston, USA.
- Jabeen, F., Bögel, T. & Butt, M. Immediately postverbal questions in Urdu/Hindi.
Interspeech 2015. Dresden, Germany.
- Jabeen, F., & Hussain, S. (9-10 November). The pitch contours of declarative sentences in Urdu
language. Conference on Language and Technology 2012. Lahore, Pakistan.
- Urooj, S., Hussain, S., Adeeba, F., Jabeen, F., & Parveen, R. (9-10 November).
CLE Urdu Digest corpus. Conference on Language and Technology 2012. Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jabeen, F. & Braun, B. New information vs. corrective focus: Perception of duration differences in Urdu/Hindi.
Phonetik und Phonologie in Deutschsprachigen Raum (PundP13).
28-29 Sep. 2017. Berlin, Germany.
- Jabeen, F. & Braun, B. What's in duration? Perception of narrow & corrective focus in Urdu/Hindi.
LSA 2017 Linguistic Institute. 30 Jul. 2017.
- Butt, M., Bögel, T. & Jabeen, F. Polar kya and the Prosody-Syntax-Pragmatics Interface.
LFG 2017. 25-27 Jul. 2017. Konstanz, Germany.
- Jabeen, F. Position vs. Prosody: Focus realization in Urdu/Hindi.
Phonetics and Phonology in Europe (PaPE).
12-14 Jun. 2017. Köln, Germany. (Poster)
- Butt, M. & Jabeen, F. Interpretations of Urdu/Hindi polar 'kya'.
XPrag-UiO workshop "Non-at-Issue Meaning & Information Structure" (NAIS).
08-10 May 2017. Oslo, Norway.
- Jabeen, F. & Butt, M. Urdu/Hindi polar 'kya' at the syntax-pragmatics-prosody interface.
39. Jahrestagung der DGFS. 08-10 Mar. 2017. Saarbrücken, Germany.
- Jabeen, F. & Butt, M. Prosodic & structural realization of focus in Urdu/Hindi.
IG 2016. 08-10 Dec. Zagreb, Croatia. >>slides
- Jabeen, F. & Butt, M. Polar kyaa: A marker for the partitioning of information structure.
32nd South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable (SALA-32). Lisbon, Portugal.
- Jabeen, F. Acoustics of verb focus in Urdu. Centre for Language Engineering, UET, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jabeen, F. & Zulfiqar, S. Attitude towards code mixing: Students' and teachers' perspective.
29th SPELT Annual International Conference. Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jabeen, F. Resolving the riddle: Learners' attitude towards the teaching of Arabic,
English and Urdu languages at Elementary level in Bahawalnagar.
1st International Kashmir Conference on Linguistics. Azad Kashmir, Pakistan.
- Jabeen, F. Pattern of dictionary usage among graduate students: A case study.
28th SPELT Annual International Conference. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Jabeen, F. Grammar teaching in Pakistan: Teachers' Perspective.
27th SPELT Annual International Conference. Islamabad, Pakistan.