- Have a look at the ParGram
homepage for further projects within the parallel grammar
- We are also involved in a project
Linguistic Resources for Urdu funded by
DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service.
- Part of our work involves the development of a
treebank. Therefore, we are in close contact with the
Hindi-Urdu Treebank Project
(HUTB), a collaborative effort of several universities.
- We also work on
Parallel Semantics. See the
ParSem wiki for further information.
- The platform that our grammar project uses is XLE, which has been developed at
- Check out the XLE Web Interface hosted at the
University of Bergen for an online demonstration of several ParGram
- Our morphology was built with the help of finite state
tools developed at PARC, mainly Finite State Morphology.
- See also Powerset, a direct
application of the English parallel grammar, which is now part
of Microsoft bing.
- We are cooperating closely with the Center for
Language Engineering in Lahore, Pakistan. In
particular, we are working on Lexical resources for
Urdu, a project funded by the
German-Pakistani research Cooperations
- We are funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
- We are all members of the
computational linguistics group
within the department
of linguistics at the University
- If you are in need of an annotated corpus of Urdu: check out the URDU.KON-TB treebank.
- If you are interested on literature on South Asian
Linguistics, don't forget to have a look at JSAL, the Journal of South Asian